August through to November we experience a high success rate providing close encounters with Southern right and humpback whales who visit our waters on their annual migration south. They can often be seen putting on a spectacular show swimming with the numerous pods of dolphin who reside here year round along with penguins, seals and a variety of other bird and marine life.
Trips are an hour and a quarter in length and can be enjoyed by anyone keen on an outstanding marine experience. Party/Corporate cruises are also available on request and are tailored to suit..
What You Need To Know
- Notes: Bring a camera as you never know what sea creature is going to pop up next to the boat.
- Where: Port St Francis, St Francis Bay, South Africa
- When: From June till November.
- Weather: Calm weather days with winds not exceeding 20knots, and swell smaller than 4m is ideal. Off shore winds which come from the South West are ideal as it flattens out the bay and is the most prevalent wind in during whale watching season.
- What to Wear: Warm clothing to shield against the Southern seas, a hat, comfortable soft shoes, and a wind breaker to shield you from the ocean breeze, sometimes a little chilly during this time of the year.
- Things to bring: A keen adventure spirit and some sunscreen, a hat and a wind breaker or anorak. Being mainly active in our Southern African winter it is advisable to also bring a fleece or jacket to keep the wind off.
- Guest/Spectators: Please ensure that the captain is informed of any potential medical conditions before leaving the harbour and ensure that should you need any attention, your medication is with you.
- Inclusions: This excursion includes a fully narrated experience where your guide will share knowledge relative to the area and it’s people and creatures.
- Exclusions: Excluded from this trip are meals, snacks, drinks and extras you might need to make your trip more tasty. We advise that you bring and we can keep it in a cooler on board.